[Healeys] Do it yourself BN1/2 Upholstery!

To: <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Do it yourself BN1/2 Upholstery!
From: William Berg <williamsantiks@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:31:08 -0700
Hello Gang and Rich,
So I am in the process of installing my own interior on my BN1 with a BN2
gearbox. I have the correct(for a BN2) fixed tranny tunnel in place
and the correct (for a BN2) tranny tunnel cover. The seats are done with a
Moss blue leather kit which was tough to install but i am pleased with the
results.
I also bought a Moss panel kit years ago and it is going smoothly as well.
I know Rich that you are a big fan of Heritage interiors and I bought their
carpet kit, the Blue interior backshelf Armacord kit and the
Blue Armacord Boot kit. They sent me a list of the pieces and some photos as
per the correct install but I am at a loss as per some of the items.
1.)I can't figure out which piece fits over the fixed tranny tunnel cover.
There is one piece that is piped except a gap in the middle, it has piping on
the sides. It looks like a good fit over the
fixed tranny cover but it is too long( it would extend beneath the sets and
those ends are piped which doesn't seem right).
I know that you have installed some of these kits. 2.)Do you have a guide to
what piece goes where. Many are obvious but some are real stumpers.
The restoration guide says the the backshelf Armacord should be sewn to the
spare wheel cover, Kinda tricky, that one as well.
basically any links to better photos than Heritage provided or advise that
will help me. I will recontact Heritage on Monday as well to try to get more
info. They hold their cards tight it seems.
     3.)Also the Bn1 did not have any crip-on furlex like the later Healeys
did they?. The door furflex is glued to the panel . Is the inside footwell
panel prepared the same way?. Furflex glued
before positioning?. Thanks for the photos and tip to John Sims Tech sight for
the fold over trick on the Furflex
4.) Is there a source for the correct rivets for the battery panel rivets or
does one merely paint the heads black?
5.) On the Aluminum door trim , does the rear section of the horizontal sill
panel where it meets the b-post panel have to be bent down slightly to fit
usually?
6.) Chronology of the door trim Is it. Glue carpet in place on the sill, Fit
Aluminum Trim , then fit outside footwell panel with furflex?
7.) Preferred Glue for the laying the carpet?
Sorry to bombard you with questions I, I appreciate the help and hope this
serves the list as well -Cheers William Berg, Benicia, CA BN1 almost done.