[Healeys] Tripod Headlamps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Tripod Headlamps
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 23:54:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/08 7:24:16 PM, Randy wrote

> Where can I find good Lucas repo tripod headlamps?  I read some stuff
> online that says the M*** ones are not good repos of the PL700.  Also,
> XKs Limited are really poor repos of the PL700.  Where can I find good
> ones at a fair price for my 63 BJ7?

Aside from the pseudo-vintage look, is there any particular reason for
searching for these rare, and VERY expensive artifacts? They were never
installed on
Healeys in the United States, and in fact from the early 1960s onward, were
illegal on U.S. highways, where DOT regulations required sealed beam
headlamps.
Just curious.
Cheers
gary

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
Guides.