Re: [Healeys] Swivel Pin Reamers

To: "'Ghess4'" <ghess4@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Swivel Pin Reamers
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:57:05 -0400
Hi Gale,
One thing that I would caution you against in the sizing of king pin bushes
is trying to use a brake cylinder hone to bore them to size.
I tried that before I got the correct reamers and found that the hone
produced a bore which was invariably misaligned with the one for the other
end of the king pin.
This resulted in the king pin bearing on only a very small area of the bush
and wearing prematurely.
I played around for ages with adjustable reamers with guide bushes on them
etc until I finally found a set of the correct ones at an auction sale.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)