[Healeys] Source for Distributor Rotors

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Source for Distributor Rotors
From: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:40:09 +0000
Today, quite by accident, I discovered a source of original distributor rotors
for Healeys. I cut the front subframe off my BN4 frame to use on my new
Kilmartin frame. As I was cleaning up welds, etc. in preparation to putting it
on the new frame what should pop out of the right firewall brace (one of the
dreaded engine bay black holes in a Healey) but a rotor. It was dirty and had
obviously been there for a long time but with a cleanup is as good as new. If
you think you have run out of options in your search for a "good" rotor you
might try the same location on your car. Of course, unless you can turn the
car upside down you might have trouble retrieving it.

By the way, I found a great little screwdriver, perfect for adjusting
carburetors, in the left side brace.

Cheers

Rick Swain
'59 BN4