[Healeys] champagne/silver colored gauges

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] champagne/silver colored gauges
From: "Eric Frenken" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:33:23 +0200
Hi list,

during all my years of Healey ownership I've heard "rumours" that there
had been installed silver faced gauges (instead of the champagne
colored) part-time during the manufacture of the 100/6 and 3000. Up to
now I put the blame on the sun, the daylight and time let the champagne
color fade to a silverish color. But now I'm not that sure anymore. I've
read the Clausager up and down and can't find anything about silver
faced gauges.

Can anybody shed some light on this subject? Rich Chrysler? Is it a
rumour or real? Which cars had the silver faced instruments? Some 100/6?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Eric
Heinsberg/Germany