[Healeys] To all my friends on the Healey List: My new novel is

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] To all my friends on the Healey List: My new novel is
From: "Don Yarber" <donyarber@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:16:07 -0500
Hello again to all my friends on the Healey list.

This e-mail is to tell all of you guys who purchased
 my first book "Bodies and Beaches" that my second book
 "Corpses and Canyons" will be available from Amazon.Com
 and most major bookstores starting May 15.  If the bookstores
do not have it, they can order it for you.  The ISBN is 1-4196-9303-4.

In "Bodies and Beaches" I created a character called Kip Yardley, an LA
 private eye that is part "Fletch" part "Shell Scott" and part
"Mike Hammer" from the novels of famous writers Gregory McDonald, Richard S.
Prather, and Mickey Spillane, respectively.

Richard S. Prather had this to say about "Bodies and
Beaches":

"I have finally been able to read your book, "Bodies
and Beaches" and am pleased to report that I liked it
very much! - I liked your lead character. I think in Kip Yardley you have
created a fictional P.I. strong enough, real enough,
likable enough to carry a series....."

"Corpses and Canyons" continues the mad antics of Kip
Yardley, but the scene shifts to the desert and canyon
areas of Arizona. Kip gets ran off the road in a
friend's jeep, shot at, threatened, left to die in the
desert, and doggedly (or dumbly) continues to dig for
clues until he finally gets the full picture.

If you like P.I. mysteries, this one will be right up
your alley. It is NOT full of livid sex scenes, foul
language and psycho-babble nonsense. It is just a
good read in large print. One for a rainy afternoon
or an airplane ride, or to take along to a Healey rally for
later reading.

Please try my new book. If you like it, tell your
friends. If not, tell me. I answer all emails
regarding my books.

Best Wishes and thanks for your time.

Don Yarber
former owner of BN7