[Healeys] left turn signal light problem

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] left turn signal light problem
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:09:48 -0700
Hello List,

Recently, last July, my left turn signal quit working (right in time for
concours judging).  I had the original brake light relay then but replaced it
with a new solid state unit from M*** after this problem developed.  I went
thru the tests in the manual.  The voltage checks out at the flasher.  When I
operated turn signal switch on the steering wheel, the right turn signal works
but not the left.  Next,  I connected the B terminal of the flasher to the L
terminal - when this is done the 35 amp fuse breaks.  Is the problem with the
flasher?  It seems that the left side is being affected by the flasher but not
the right.  Is that possible?  If I try to conduct the flasher bi-pass test at
the relay by connecting terminal 1 to 2 & 3 or terminal 1 to 6 & 7, as
recommended by the manual, nothing happens.  Help!!  Where do I go from here??
Could it be the bulbs or a short on the left side??

Richard Bittmann
BJ7 Tacoma