Re: [Healeys] Electrical issue - Need help

To: "Linwood H Rose" <linwoodrose@mac.com>, "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Electrical issue - Need help
From: "Alex" <alexmm@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:28:26 -0400
Lin, you may have a defective starter motor. I recently rebuilt mine. There
was a flat spot on the commutator.

Try this:

Jack the car. Turn off the battery (disconnect one lead on the battery).

Prise off the protective cap on the end of the starter motor. Use a spanner
and turn the armature. If there's a flat spot or bad winding you may find
that moving to a new position will let the motor operate.

If so, replace or service the motor. It only takes ten minutes or so to
remove.

== Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 MG TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,
     1965 MG Midget
     http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm'