[Healeys] Prius loving Healey owners

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Prius loving Healey owners
From: "Jim Wojcik" <jvwojcik@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:02:31 -0500
I am another person who speaks for the Prius. It is my wife's daily driver.
It is really a unique piece of engineering, and when I am driving it, I
attend to a totally new esthetic, (preserving momentum and energy is almost
as much fun as acceleration), and I feel like I am getting away with
something besides. The whole notion of regenerative braking is a real kick.
The car has been trouble free during a year and a half of ownership.

Downsides: It is a bit noisy compared to heavier cars, (but not like a
Healey, more like a Civic). I dislike the foot operated emergency brake and
the traction control, which makes it no fun to drive in snow, Apart from
that, it feels like a real car, is reasonably comfortable, really does get
great mileage,  and deserves consideration from anyone in the market for new
wheels. There are cheaper high mileage cars available but none feel as solid
or get  quite as much from a gallon of gas. As people buy such technology
the manufacturers are motivated to improve it. I hope to see something like
it from BMW or Mini, prompting another purchase. Jim Wojcik, BN7