Re: [Healeys] Trailer tie-downs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trailer tie-downs
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 18:57:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/08 6:53:17 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> In their absence I
> would recommend a strap around the rear axle on each side on the rear and a
> strap around the frame cross-member on each side up front.

in the rear, be careful about wrapping the tie-down strap around the axle,
since the rear brake lines pass along the axles and can easily be pinched. On
my
MGA, I hook the tie down straps over the leaf springs just in front of the
spring pans and then hook them diagonally to the rear trailer hold downs.
Cheers
gary

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.