Re: [Healeys] Tech articles

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tech articles
From: "Mr. Bill" <BN1@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 23:08:21 -0700
Douglas W Flagg wrote:

Thank you for your response, Doug, and I don't wish to drag this out any
more than Reid.  However, a couple of salient points in your email do
need to be addressed.
> No need to apologize for being late with your reply Bill, as I was
> neither waiting for it or felt it was needed. Norman Nock has more
> knowledge about Healeys in his little finger than you and Reid combined.

Obviously you don't like Reid!  Have you ever met him?  I have.  I know
you've never met me!  I've been playing with Healeys for 34+ years,
having owned 13 of them over that period.  I also know, going back to
the Austin-Healey Club, Pacific Centre, that Reid has at least that many
years experience.  Combine the two of us and I guess Norman must have
one hell of a big, little finger.  (Is that an oxymoron?)
> And who appointed you head gonad?
I've been called dick head more than once.  Does that qualify me?
> No, Reid can not publish whatever he
> feels appropriate to go in the magazine. He is an employee of the club,
> and as such should be responsive to its members. But that is another
> issue.
Correct, and between YOU and him.
> And How do you know so much about his articles? Did you have a
> chance to read them? Have you had the benefit of using the information
> from one of Norman's articles?
Certainly I read them.  And I have a copy of his tech articles
compilation.  Possibly my senility is kicking in, but I don't remember
EVER criticizing Norman's contributions to this List, magazines or
otherwise.  Perhaps you can enlighten me???
> When you have contributed to the
> collective knowledge at the level of Norman, then maybe, just maybe you
> can offer constructive criticism. I didn't find Norman's post offensive,
> intrusive or anything needing the type of reply you "blasted" the list
> with.
And who appointed you as keeper of the List with regard to what is and
isn't offensive?
> People on this list post personal and uninformative posts to the
> entire list every day. Why don't you have the "gonads" to chastise them?
> As Al says, life is too short to sweat the small things in life.
>
> Doug

I don't wish or have the time to. I still feel that Norman's attack on
Reid internationally was totally uncalled for.  Thinking about it,
sounds like you don't like his magazine's content either.  Then why
subscribe, if you do.

BTW  The tally, both on and off-List, is running 12 to 2 against you.
If you would like to continue wasting both our time, you have my email
for off-List or. I'm in the book.

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1 #663