Re: [Healeys] Healeys (modifications)

To: <rdavies1@cox.net>, "'Douglas W Flagg'" <dwflagg@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys (modifications)
From: "Fred Crowley" <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:25:35 -0500
I agree with Ron. I've used my '62 BT7 for racing for almost 18 years. Still
use the original gearbox and overdrive (albeit with the Sebring ratios in
the box). Transmission makes the amount of noise that it always does, but
all the gears report for duty when called upon. Still run with wire wheels,
disc brakes up front with drums in the rear, cast iron head, etc. The Healey
still generally end up at the pointy end of the grid (obviously because of
superb driver skills, good looks, and modesty), and can still generate
speeds and lap times that can scare the bejesus out of me. I like the Healey
with all its quirks and eccentricities. Jeanice disagrees and says that the
Healey is fine, it's my quirks and eccentricities - not the car's, but I
think she's just giving me some compliments, right?

The whole point for me is racing the car with the 45 year old+ technology.
It's still a blast, and periodically I get to enhance my 4-letter vocabulary
when something decides not to work as it was designed  to.

Cheers, Fred