[Healeys] Separation of Overdrive from gearbox

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Separation of Overdrive from gearbox
From: Ken Wignall <ourxke@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:41:12 -0400
We are doing an overhaul on the sideshifter gearbox and overdrive from a 1962
Bt7. We have removed the 8 bolts and go to slide the overdrive from the main
shaft of the gearbox but it won't come off. We understand that there are
splines in the overdrive that must be misaligned somehow, but we just can't
get it off. Any suggestions? The overdrive did not engage prior to removal.