Re: [Healeys] Computer stuff

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Computer stuff
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:09:11 -0700
I have not been a computer user as long as others seem to be.  However, let
it be noted that I am still using a Commodore 128 for several functions.  I,
too, started with a Vic 20, graduated to C64, and ultimately to C128.  I am
a user, not a programmer, however, before commercial tax programs became
popular, I had set up a Pocket Planner spreadsheet to duplicate the tax
forms and was able to prepare my taxes with it including several
supplemental forms.

I still like the Commodore.  No viruses.  No spam.   No Firewalls needed.
Faster than my PC in several cases and far simpler to use.  The only
drawback is  the shortage of memory.  It is connected to a black-print only
dot matrix printer, a color dot matrix printer, and a Royal 8200C
typerwriter with built-in interface.  All are still working perfectly after
all these years.

However, I am on my third PC.  The first was killed by a non-removable
virus, the motherboard killed the second, and I have been advised to
'recover' this one back to factory specs due to all the garbage that is
slowing it down and causing other problems.

Let's hear it for modern technology.   <Boo>

(Maybe this is why I like my 1967 Healey.  Simpler with no "Check Engine"
light)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031