Re: [Healeys] Looking for photo of a 3000 Mk1 (UK)

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Looking for photo of a 3000 Mk1 (UK)
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 06:44:42 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,
It's not quite true that you get a modern number when registering a
classic car in the UK. I just imported a Texas registered BN2 to the UK. I got
what Swansea call an "age related number". What this is, is a number with a
format from around the time that the car was built, but that had not been
previously issued. Two bonuses I discovered - the first was that I am allowed
a classic style number plate, not one of the hideous white (front) or yellow
(rear) reflective ones - the second was free road tax because the car is
pre-1973. You are correct that it's not possible to resurrect a defunct number
whithout lots of proof that the car originally carried that number.
Mike
Brooks
'56 BN2
Scotland