Re: [Healeys] Ethenol from Time Magazine

To: alexmm@roadrunner.com, 57healey@gmail.com, f9cougar@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ethenol from Time Magazine
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 00:19:08 +0000
Interesting technology, but it still depends on converting food stocks to
satisfy our already insatiable energy demand. What we don't need is more
stress on the food supply. We have almost beaten that particular horseman.
Then of course there was the requisite propaganda about the need to raise
taxes (cap energy, same thing). Is there anything the left doesn't think can
be fixed by making the general public poorer?

Personally I like the algae idea better. It isn't dependent on growing and
then burning food crops (a gross drain on resources) and the stuff will grow
anywhere there is light. Just ask about my water feature sometime.

Dissenting from fellow New Mexican, Dave Porter (I think he was being
facetious.), I think I may have room for one of those green houses in my
back yard. Doesn't look much harder than brewing beer.

Mmmmmm Beer...!

Bill Lawrence