Re: [Healeys] octane needs for 2006 Mini Cooper S

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] octane needs for 2006 Mini Cooper S
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:56:40 -0700
Jack,

I have an '06 Cooper S and by mistake put regular 87 octane in instead of
91.  The car almost immediately started to ping anytime I put even a
moderate load on the engine.  I immediately went back to premium fuel.

Purchased the car new on Oct of '06 and have 20K miles on it now with no
problems.

Cheers

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, 60' AN5:{) '72 RWA Midget, '06 Cooper S