[Healeys] Paint Formulation and Brand

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Paint Formulation and Brand
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:01:03 -0400
My 66 BJ8 needs to be repainted. It is and will remain BRG. The one guy that
I've talked to wants to use base coat/ clear coat. Maybe that is OK, I don't
know how to visualize what I've never seen. Last time that it was painted was
about 1979 with a single stage paint, probably an acrylic enamel??? Opinions
please on single stage and bc/cc in BRG. What about paint brands?

I know some people feel that bc/cc is too shiny, but the paint on my car where
it is good and is waxed is really shiny too. And, don't I want it to be shiny?
I think so, but I don't know how to guess how shiny "too shiny" is. Anyone
have actual experience here? Happy or disappointed? I'd like to hear.

BTW, did you know that cat pee turns BRG blue? Its true! I can show you
evidence (UUhhh).

Thanks,

Bob Johnson
BJ8