Re: [Healeys] Hot Brakes

To: ah53@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hot Brakes
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 08:43:38 +0800
Joe -

You should replace standard brake fluid every couple of years at
least, so yeah 10 years is pretty long.

The brake discs will always be hot after a run, so that's not a
surprise and tossing water on them really doesn't tell you much.  If
the discs are visibly blue from heat, then that's when you need to
worry.

If you are running alot of fast stop and goes, especially in the
hills, you can get brake fade in the Healey.  If you ever experience
it, just pull over and wait 15 minutes or so in the shade if possible
for stuff to cool down then motor along with normal driving.

Best,

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1