[Healeys] 100-6 misfire and low oil pressure

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100-6 misfire and low oil pressure
From: philritten@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 00:39:32 -0400
I recently purchased a 58 100-6. It runs wonderfully on cool days, however
recently we had a 105 degree day and I noticed that the usually smooth sound
coming from the tail pipes had a "puff" sound in it on occasion. However, the
next morning it ran fine and has since. Today, I took it on a short drive on
the freeway and pushed it a bit. When I got home the "puffing" noise was back
and the oil pressure had dropped to 20 from the normal 50. Any thoughts? Could
it be rings?

Thanks