Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final....

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final....
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:39:13 -0700
While slightly off the subject, maybe we can finally put one debate to rest.

I like a very full wheel well and run Dunlop 205/65R15's on Dayton
SS/chrome 6" tubeless 72's.  Because I have an early BN1 with the
smallest front wheel wells, I've been told over and over:  No can do,
they'll rub!  And that also came from some reported "experts".

Well, John Nikas drove my car to the fastest production 100 in the
Gymkhana at Conclave 2008 and there was nary a rub inside or out!  Case
closed?

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1 with FAT footprints :-)