Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final....

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final....
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:04:27 +0800
Bill -

I used to have 205 65s on my BJ8 and the wheels stuck out enough that one
time I hit a pretty hard bump and the tire hit the edge of the fender and
caused it to crack the bondo that was in there (this was 1986 when lots of
bondo was the norm for repairing these cars, no jokes please!).  I would
imagine this would be an issue on the early BN1 (I have one) unless you put
stiffer springs and shocks on it.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1