Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final...

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: BJ8 Wheels and Tire Sizes? Final...
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:05:44 -0700
Alan, et al,

Yes, they do stick outside of the wings.  I do not have stiffer springs
which is why I put in a bid for yours.  The dampers are factory
rebuilds, painted gold/bronze, that I purchased in the boxes decades ago
when Al Moss still owned Moss Motors.  I'm also running a 7/8" sway bar
with polyurethane bushes which keeps the front absolutely flat.  (No,
it's not raced hard enough for the bushes to rip out the mounts.)  And,
I will admit I've been lucky enough to avoid all large potholes.  Also,
I have pushed split fuel line onto the lower rear edges of all the wings
to protect that very vulnerable area of  paint.

HTH

Bill