[Healeys] SU Help, Please?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] SU Help, Please?
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
After cleaning up the original HS6 carbs (which have about 15,000 mi on
them) on my BJ7, I'm having a problem I just can't seem to solve. Upon
start up, the engine revs right to the redline. The throttle linkage
appears adjusted correctly and when I check the butterflies after
shutting down, they are completely closed. The throttle screws are
completely backed off and the jet nuts have been turned down two turns.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick