[Healeys] Healey Brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Brakes
From: philritten@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:51:30 -0400
All,

The brake pedal has been low on my '58 since I purchased it recently. I took it
in to a local shop to have the brakes bled and they told me one of the front
cylinders was leaking a little which was kept them from being able to get the
pedal to come all the way up. I got two new cylinders (from Moss - I know you
want to kill me) and they replaced those. When they were bleeding the brakes
the 2nd time they broke (accidentally) the place on the rear cylinder where the
bleed screw is goes into the cylinder. So I got two new rear cylinders. They
bled the brakes again and the pedal is even worse (it is at the floor on the
first pump but comes up after that). They suggested I get a new master (which I
have on the way). It looks like all of the cylinders are probably original. Is
this somewhat normal when replacing the original equipment and is there
anything unusual I should know about a Healey that might get past the average
brake man?

Thanks,
Phil