Re: [Healeys] Brake Question

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <philritten@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Question
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:50:00 +1000
G'day

I know of a number of occasions when the drums had to be replaced as
they were worn.

However before doing so I would suggest that the drums be skimmed to
ensure they are completely round and then have a set of oversize brake
shoes made up.

The actual shoe is the same size, but the brake material is thicker to
take up for the thinner drums.

Having said that I also know of drums that expand with heat to such an
extent that the pedal is very spongy. Once they cool, the brakes are
fine.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia