[Healeys] Door Check assmbly BJ8

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Door Check assmbly BJ8
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:44:56 -0400
 Is there a way to refurbish these mechanisms? It's normally the threaded
bolt(righthand\lefthand) that becomes stripped. I have four of these complete
and only one works(passenger door) and properly holds the door open. Over the
years I have successfully been able to rethread the right hand and even went
to a smaller threading but they become stripped and eventually inoperable no
matter how carefully I adjust.
 New ones are very pricey and I'm sitting here with three that only need a new
threaded bolt?

WD   67 BJ8