Re: [Healeys] Alternator fo BJ 8

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Alternator fo BJ 8
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:10:57 -0700
Price, I used an alternator mounting kit from Don Lenschow of the North
Texas Austin-Healey Club - drtrite@aol.com (I believe this kit is also sold
by Allen Hendrix - http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com).  It came with
recommendations for a Delco SI-10 alternator, which is the one I used.  I
got it at NAPA and it has worked fine for me for the last 10 years.  An
SI-12 is a modern improvement on the SI-10, I understand.  The SI-10 also
required an electrical plug with a pigtail to plug into the alternator
connector.  You can get those at NAPA, too.

You'll have to convert your car to negative ground, of course.

Cheers!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry