Re: [Healeys] Age old leather question

To: <KJENSSEN@aol.com>, <tym2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Age old leather question
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:36:58 -0700
I'm not a chemist, but the explaination I got  is that trying to dye
over rejuvinator stuff is like trying to paint over silicone. (in some
cases that is exactly what you are doing)

The oils lubricate and moisturize. kneading helps as it gets the stiff
parts moving again. The leather gets like a stiff starchy fabric. once
you start breaking those dried starch clumps, it allows the "fabric"
to move again.

Wilko