Re: [Healeys] Thermostadt

To: PhilRitten@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thermostadt
From: David Nock <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:25:39 -0700
The sleeved themostat that Moss is not the one that I would
recommend. It is a old antique style bellows style thermostat that
went out in the 50s. The problem with them is that the are not
designed to fail in the open mode as well as if the pressure in the
cooling system get to high it will collapse the bellows and close the
thermostat causing a overheating problem.

We have a wax capsule style thermostat the has the correct sleeve to
close off the bypass in stock.