[Healeys] BJ8 - Wheels & Tires: 32038's rubber meets the road...

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 - Wheels & Tires: 32038's rubber meets the road...
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Listers,

Last week was the annual auto extraviganza here in the Monterey area.  As
always a blast and not to be missed .....

32038 was ready enough to drive - interior not finished, no soft top but has a
tonneau, varoius smaller things to do.  But, has oil pressure, gears, lights,
seats, even the bla bla new wheels and tires.

Which leads me to the point - the decision to go with 15x5 daytons and 185x15
vreds was just fine - right diameter, fills wheel arch, good visuals, and just
looks so much better than the 15x4 1/2 with 165x15 from 10 feet.  For those
interested enough to see the visuals pls email requesting jpgs to
rnb@ix.netcom.com - now available.  Sorry to those that had asked - pls email
again.  So far so good......

I had previously written Part I and Part II on this resto which has been
published in Healey Mag.  I will do a final Part III shortly.

Robert N. Blair  65 Yellow/Dark Red BJ8  rnbmail@yahoo.com