[Healeys] BJ7 door panel orientation???????

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ7 door panel orientation???????
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:03:44 -0500
Fellow Healeyoids,

I'm in the process of installing my inner door panels on my 63 BJ7.  I got
all of my interior trim and carpet from Heritage but my leather seats are
from AH Spares.  Anyway, how do I orient the stitching on the inner vinyl
that goes over the aluminum panels?  Meaning vertically!  How far is the
stitching from the bottom or top of the outer vinyl piece?  Perhaps better
explained, where does the stitching on the inner piece (that goes over the
aluminum) sit in relation to the outer piece, which I some sort of trapezoid
shaped vinyl piece over 3/16 plywood?  Also, how far does the vinyl wrap
around the behind of the aluminum piece or does it just cut flush since it
shouldn't be visible anyway?  I'll bet that Rich knows.

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Healey-Archaeologist

63 AH  BJ7