[Healeys] (no subject)

To: healeymanjim@hansencc.net
Subject: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: tomleavy@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:37:59 +0000
Hi Jim-

Thanks for the advice. What was the thickness of the leather, if you remember?
Did you fasten it itno place, or just press it in. I'd be leary of not securing
it for fear that it will come loose and disintegrate down the drain passage
toward the front bearing.

I seem to remember a post that mentioned the use of asphalt or vinyl floor tile
for the buffer, but I wonder if the leather will hold up better in the
petroleum
environment of the gearbox.

What was your experience with the 3 spacers between the output shaft bearing
and
the bellhousing? I know that they're (probably) there for a reason, but I don't
even know where to begin searching for them. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tom