Re: [Healeys] Minilite lookalikes and lug nuts

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>, "richard mayor"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Minilite lookalikes and lug nuts
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:15:06 -0500
I too bought longer studs.  Are these new wheels the KN Minators??  If
so, that's what I have.  I purchased new 7/16" lug nuts from AutoZone
for about $1.50 each (about 7-8 years ago).  They have a thin stainless
steel cover just for looks over the steel lug nut and they require a
3/4" deep socket for a lug wrench.  The inner ends are "mushroomed" so
they are wider and tapered so they are a perfect match for the KN
wheels.  BUT...you do have to install longer studs.  I bought mine at a
street rod shop near home.  Measure carefully so you don't get 'em too
long.
Jack