Re: [Healeys] brake servo repair

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake servo repair
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:58:56 -0700
Hi Carroll,

The only numbers I can find on my servo is "5/8 Girling" and "CC5" on
the servo body (nothing on the vacuum canister).

The kits Frank and I have are for earlier (I think) units that have the
canister with the removable plate and leather/rubber tube piston seals.
All the parts (gaskets, seals, etc.) fit except there is no replacement
band and no diaphragm.  I cut my metal band then welded a couple of nuts
on the band so I can reuse it.  My diaphragm appears to be in good
shape, I just need the rubber elbow that connects the canister to the
metal pipe that goes to the air/vacuum valve.

Do you know where the small ball bearing that fell out of mine goes and
what it's for (the earlier units don't have it)?

Thanks,
Bob

ps.  the other kits ain't "cheap"either; about $80 for seals, a couple
gaskets and some copper washers