Re: [Healeys] Fwd: MK2 BN7 Identification Plates on German ebay

To: Healey100M@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: MK2 BN7 Identification Plates on German ebay
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:01:48 -0400
When I bought my 100 it was missing some original parts. One of the
stamped cockpit surround pieces and the doors. Amazingly I was able to
locate the doors and the missing cockpit surround piece. I wanted to have
as much of the original car as possible, but realized that in cases where
the car has been around for a while this may be virtually impossible.  It
may have been in an accident and had body panels replaced or the engine
was replaced. Unfortunately my former BN2 has been parted out along with
parts original to the chassis, which was sold separately. I would think
that if you had an, essentially, intact sub chassis and the body number
stamped pieces along with the original ID tags, this would qualify for an
original car. I would suggest that in the case of special cars, such as
the "M", those without complete stamped body parts, including engine with
original tag,  be designated as "rebuilt" rather than "restored" and
judged separately. I realize this will be an ongoing debate, but needs to
be addressed before the originality is polluted. Thanks.

Doug