[Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Tunnel Mounting Screws and Nuts

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Tunnel Mounting Screws and Nuts
From: "Jim Lyons" <jlyons4@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:16:01 -0400
I have a 1966 BJ8.  I want to make sure that I am using  the correct
original hardware to secured the transmission tunnel.

The Originality Guide (page 167) states that the tunnel is secured with #8
Posidrive pan head sheetmetal screws.
However, my Body Service Parts List AKD 3524  ( plate N5 )  shows a screw
and nut used to secure the tunnel. These are parts CMZ 0208 and CNZ 102.

Has anyone secured the Transmission Tunnel with the screw and nut on phase
II BJ8 ?  I was wondering why this was not noted in the Originality Guide.

Thanks,

Jim