Re: [Healeys] Transmission Selling Question

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>, stevesylvia2
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission Selling Question
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:16:07 -0700
I sold my side shift trannie with OD, unrebuilt and unknown condition for $150
first come as is where is, under pressure from wife to get it out of the
apartment.  Great deal for the buyer as reportedly it was worth $500+.  Plenty
of offers but most wanted it crated and shipped to them which I was not
prepared to do.

Richard of KY
1960 BN7 #440 > Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:14:35 +0800> From:
healey.nut@gmail.com> To: stevesylvia2@comcast.net; healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission Selling Question> > Good gearboxes
unrebuilt w/ OD are probably worth around 700 or so,> rebuilt 1000 to 1500> >
On 9/21/08, stevesylvia2 <stevesylvia2@comcast.net> wrote:> > When I purchased
my Healey two plus years ago it came with an extra> > transmission. Apparently
the owner had intended on swapping it out with the> > original transmission
since there were problems with 1st and 2nd gears. I> > asked the seller if the
transmission was any good and he told me that his> > dad, who was a mechanic,
picked it up from a salvage yard back in the 70's> > and that his dad being a
mechanic, wouldn't have picked out a bad> > transmission. This transmission
matches up for BN7 but the only thing that> > I know of it was that it came
from a salvage yard. I am currently having> > the original one rebuilt by a
professional and have offered to sell him the> > other one for what it's
worth. Does anyone have any idea what its worth?> > I've been dealing with
this professional for two years now and have come to> > trust him, but
business is business. Any ball park estimates would be> > greatly
appreciated.> >> >> >> > Thanks,> >> > Steve Meyer> >> > '61 BN7> >