Re: [Healeys] Fwd: MK2 BN7 Identification Plates on German ebay

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: MK2 BN7 Identification Plates on German ebay
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:37:19 -0700
A couple years ago, there was a BJ8 engine serial number plate being offered
on eBay, although not for outrageous amounts of money nor with scurrilous
intentions.  As it happened, the BJ8 registry had a record of the car for
which the engine was original, and also the contact information for the
owner of that car.  The registry notified the owner of the car, who
communicated with the seller of the item, and the seller agreed to pull the
item from eBay and just mail it to the proper owner at no charge.  The
serial plate had come into possession of the seller from a previous owner of
the car several years before.
Yes, registries do have benefits for the Healey community although they are
not always obvious.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666