Re: [Healeys] Flexolite Company

To: Dan <jobu53@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Flexolite Company
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:01:35 +0800
All -

I thought I'd relay this experience with Derek Megrath @ Flexolite (for oil
filter adapators for all kinds of whacky british cars) -

http://flexolite.co.uk/

My A90 has the same motor as the BN1/BN2.  At first I figured I can just get
a BN1/BN2 adaptor but lo and behold they don't work because the chassis is
in the way and I can't fit a standard filter on the end of the adaptor plate
that fits to the side of the engine.

So I contacted Flexolite to see if he had something that would fit on the
end of my Tecalamite head instead and we discussed it over the phone (he
didn't have a set kit for the Atlantic, but he tried to figure it out over
the phone) and he sent me stuff that would work with my old Tecalemite
head.  I got everything and it was close, but wasn't going to work.

He told me to send everything to him... and incredibly he sent back to me a
completely customized set up including an adaptor plate that looks custom
made for my head.  Incredible.  In addition to that he turned all this
around in less than a day or two in his shop.  All for the 40 pound sterling
he charged me for the first set head that didn't work.

The long and short of it is I now have a highly custom spin on filter
assembly for my A90  - and given that the old filter head was missing its
back plates, the filter wasn't even working - this means my car will have
filtered oil for the first time in probably 30 years.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you own some sort of whack job LBC!

Please note he seems to work best when you talk to him in the mornings on
the phone.  I'm not sure if he checks his email.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8