[Healeys] BN1 - Wiper Arm Advice (A90)

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 - Wiper Arm Advice (A90)
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:43:22 +0800
All -

My A90 has essentially the same wiper spindles as the BN1, and it is
miserable!!  Actually, these questions apply to my BN1 as well so here
goes...

1) The spindles are round and smooth which makes it next to impossible for
the wipers arms to hold on to them without eventually coming loose after
just a couple of uses and sticking in some useless position on the
windshield when being used in the rain.  This is both very embarrassing to
have wipers stuck in random positions on the windshield when it is raining,
but also frustrating that the windshield isn't being wiped clear of rain
drops!  Has anyone come up with a good solution for making sure the wiper
arms stick to the wiper spindles without coming loose?  Any suggestions
welcome.  My cars are daily drivers and I do actually enjoy driving in the
rain (shame on me!).

2) The spindles are supposed to have rubber seals on them.  Does anyone make
these?  Maybe Scott's Old Rubber Co...?

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1