[Healeys] BT7 Side shift gearbox w/overdrive

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BT7 Side shift gearbox w/overdrive
From: "John & Kerry Rowe" <jkrowe46@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:15:13 +1000
Listers
I have a small problem with the 3rd/4th gear overdrive lockout switch.
In 4th gear only, there is a very small amount of side movement in the lever.
This is enough to switch the o/drive into direct when moving, not a very nice
scenario. As a fix I have bypassed the switch which is ok when I am driving
the car but could could cause some anxious moments should some unknowing
person drive. I have replaced the switch with no results. The switch is in as
far as it can go.
Could anyone explain where the wear would possible be and any remedies
Thanks

John Rowe  Qld  Aust
BN1  BT7