Re: [Healeys] FW: Air Fuel Meters easy to find?>

To: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Air Fuel Meters easy to find?>
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:05:30 +0000
The most commonly available avgas is 100LL.  It's 100 octane lean and 110 rich.

The "LL" stands for low-lead, but it's only relative.  130 octane avgas is no
longer available but had, I believe, 3grams of elemental lead per liter.  The
"LL" has, I believe, 2g/l ... still quite a bit of lead.  Large
displacement/high HP aircraft engines cannot survive on currently available
unleaded fuel ... bound to be a problem for the light aircraft industry
someday.  Even the (until recently available) 80-octane avgas had quite a bit
of lead in it.

Gary, you can get unleaded 100-octane VP racing fuel at a gas station in Los
Altos.

Bob

From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>