Re: [Healeys] Healey Photos on eBay

To: healeyrick@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Photos on eBay
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:18:40 +0800
That's the special 100 coupe made, I think it still exists in the exact same
shape & color in the UK.  It was put together as an exercise to see if there
was any demand for a coupe.  The only other 100 coupe was DMH's personal 100
coupe with the 100S motor.

There were also two 3000 coupes made.  All of these coupes still exist as
far as I am aware, they are highly sought after and most are quite
attractive, really.  This particular coupe is arguably the least attractive
of the 4, but still nice.  I was designed with the fast back lift gate -
obviously a derivative of the DB 2/4 liftgate which gentleman bird & fox
hunters preferred.  You later saw this liftgate put on the E-type much
later.

Clearly since only a handful of  DB 2/4s were made, it was probably
determined the demand for this type of body was very limited.  I think DMHs
100 is more of a standard 100 w/ integral hard top and slightly modified
boot lid.

Best,

Alan

'52 A90