Re: [Healeys] Bumper Packing pieces BJ8

To: "Richard Pratt" <prattri@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bumper Packing pieces BJ8
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:14:42 -0400
Hi Richard,

Actually a total of six of those little packing pieces are used on the six
cylinder models.

There are four used on all four mounting bolts on the rear bumper. They fit
the inner curved contour of the bumper and can be tightened without
distorting the bumper contour.
On the front bumper only two of these curved spacers used, to fit the
contour of the bumper where the over rider bolt will tighten. There are
threaded brackets welded on the front bumper to take the force when
tightening the mounting bolts on the front mounting brackets. These provide
a flat surface for the front valance to mount by having the valance slots
pinch firmly between the brackets and weldments.

Rich Chrysler