[Healeys] Fwd: Re: Works 1960 Sebring Car For Sale (no Webers)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: Works 1960 Sebring Car For Sale (no Webers)
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:52:16 +1100
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:50:38 +1100
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
To: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Works 1960 Sebring Car For Sale (no Webers)

Quoting "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>:

> I have a copy of the heritage cert (1987), a bunch of photos, and
> notes from DMH on the UJB 144 car from 1980.
>
> There are few inconsistencies (, no overdrive, no fresh air vent on
> body, etc.).
>
> Not fitted with headers. Had two 2" SUs and a regular manifold.

Eric

I suspect that as Healeys were on a very tight budget that had been applied
for to BMC Comps. Dept. and as a result the 'spare' cars often were not to the
exact spec. of the race entries. As a F.I.A. controlled event the cars had
there major components measured and stamped in UK by the R.A.C..  I imagine
that the intent was to use up the spare to settle in the drivers and learn the
ropes. This saved the race cars from excess mileage and risk of damage.
Additionally some of the 'uncontrolled' items on the spare car could be used
as spares for the race cars. Often it appears that the same amount of manhours
did not go into modifications to the chassis that was not entered in the race.

Joe

> Wilko
>
> On Oct 22, 2008, at 5:45 PM, sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au wrote:
>
>> Quoting "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>:
>>
>>> Are those Healey rally headers on UJB140? They look like Kirk headers,
>>> but the pictures aren't clear.
>>> Ken Freese
>>> 65 BJ8
>>>

>> KEN
>>
>> I believe you are correct in questioning the headers. I dont
>> recognise them as Healey works type (Derrington made I think.) Who
>> made those on UJB 140, I dont know.
>>
>> Joe
>
> You are subscribed as sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
>
> http://www.team.net/archive[3]