Re: [Healeys] BJ8 door glass install

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 door glass install
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:08:39 -0800
Hi, Mark -

Install glass into one frame piece at a time, then rivet.  You might want to
use something like an awl to help make sure the rivet holes are lining up as
you mate the second frame piece to the glass.

I didn't have any success with the glazing strips provided by Moss.  They
would not swell properly to grip the glass.  I gave up and took my glass and
frames to the local glass shop.  They did the whole job for 7 bucks, using
modern materials to put the glass into the frames, and also installed the
rivets.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry