Re: [Healeys] Distributors

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "'PG'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributors
From: "Brits'n'Pieces \(Eric Frenken\)" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:27:22 +0100
Alan,

can you please explain why you suspect the 123 to be a little less reliable
than the Mallory?

Best regards

Eric
Heinsberg/Germany

Paul -

I'd say the Mallory dizzys are tried and true, and are the most commonly
used in racing.  They are bullet proof.

The 123 has some fantastic technology in it and gives you lots of
adjustability on the fly, so tweaking the dizzy for track conditions is easy
with this dizzy, although you have to take it out then put it back in, but
it'll take 5 minutes if your timing light is handy.  In addition I would
suspect this dizzy is well suited for high revving situations as it
constantly looks to optimize the timing for each individual cylinder
separately, so that the power stroke for each cylinder is optimized.  It
uses a bosch cap and rotor.  I'd say it's probably a little less reliable
than the mallory, but will probably give you a little more power &
flexibility on the track.

Heck, why not buy both?

Alan

'52 A90