[Healeys] Web addresses and Tinyurls

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Web addresses and Tinyurls
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:56:56 EST
In a message dated 12/1/08 3:35:57 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Is it REALLY THAT HARD to use www.tinyurl.com , Mark (ALL)???
>
> YOUR link gives:
>
> Address Not Found
> Firefox can't find the server at www.rootsweb.com.
>
> Your POSTED Mail ARRIVES AS:

Ed, we're really happy that you know how to use Tiny URLs, whatever they are.
I still use "Cut and Paste" -- a technology that has served me well since
1983 -- to insert the actual url into my Firefox request bar since I make it a
hard and fast rule never, ever, to click on a link in an email or use a link
that I can't read directly. TinyURLs are just another lazy short-cut that makes
one vulnerable to linking into a website that looks and acts like the real
thing, but is, in fact, a cybertrap.
Cutting and pasting his url as listed worked just fine for me... Maybe you
should examine your connection between your e-mail server and Firefox.
Just my two cents.
Gary