[Healeys] Fw: British Tool

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: British Tool
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:12:01 -0500
 Gentlemen,

 I don't know why you fellows are all using these different wierd and
 wonderful things to loosen and tighten your knockoffs. I have a 2 lb. Thor
 copper/hide hammer I've been using for years around the shop, but using
ONLY
 the hide end on the knockoff ears. The hammer has the mass and therefore
the
 dead weight clout to do the job properly. The hide end eventually mushrooms
 out to the point where it needs to be replaced. That has averaged about one
 new one every 15 years or so, not a bad investment for a $35 tool. Of
course
 the copper end is also very useful around the shop, being able to again
utilize its heavy dead blow weight to drift punches, chisels and the like.

 Rich Chrysler